This Deep Dive, taking place on 09 and 10 March, will focus on Voice Surveillance within financial institutions.
The challenges of voice surveillance have been amplified by COVID and hybrid working conditions. Banks have had to provide recorded voice channels to all employees. Hybrid working weakens the control environment as physical supervision is impossible and the ability to monitor voice devices is diminished.
New communication channels, which combine text, video and audio, create additional challenges for voice surveillance. Achieving the audio quality required by voice-to-text engines is a work in progress, as are transcription solutions.
Despite current challenges, regulators are demanding surveillance equivalence between workplace and home.
Embracing new technologies may be the only way to overcome voice surveillance challenges.
What can you expect?
Taking place over two days each with three hours of debates, interactive roundtable discussions for financial institution delegates and 1:1 meetings, you will have the opportunity to:
- Hear and interact with your peers globally
- Discover ways your institution can improve its approach to voice surveillance
- Benchmark your voice surveillance capabilities against your peers
- Understand how to mitigate communications risk in disparate operating models
- Hear from senior practitioners who are buying and building voice surveillance technologies
- Identify ways to increase efficiency within your institution
- Document your continued professional development by gaining CPD credits
- Expand your professional network