Risk and control functions across all lines of defence need to collaborate more effectively, to reduce costs and to be more effective at mitigating risk. The XLoD Leaders’ Network (XLoDLN) is the first time that senior Managing Directors from the 1st line of defence will join Managing Directors in Compliance and other non-financial risk functions, in a private environment, to examine areas where better collaboration could achieve the greatest returns for their institutions.
What is it?
- The XLoD Leaders’ Network (XLoDLN) is a private, invitation-only series of meetings for (10-20) senior decision-makers from across different non-financial risk functions to discuss the most pressing topics
- The XLoDLN is underpinned by a group of Founding Members who are senior Managing Directors running the 1st line of defence control function globally or compliance at a regional or global level at a leading bank.
"Great session on Risk Data from 1LoD. Very much enjoyed the Leaders Network format with good facilitation and an opportunity to hear industry views" Sophie Rutherford, Managing Director, EMEA Head of FX Business Risk, State Street
"Your work is making a really big contribution to the industry" Darren Jarvis, Managing Director, Global Head of Business Controls and Supervision, Markets Division, Citigroup
What is the XLoDLN’s objectives?
- To provide an opportunity for non-financial risk and control leaders to collaborate through sharing best practice
- To aid identification of efficiencies and better management of risk within the relevant function
- To implement a networking opportunity with senior peers across non-financial risk functions
- To allow benchmarks to be explored
- To provide a platform from which practitioners can hear about and understand the latest advances in technology
- To provide a safe, off the record environment for banks to speak freely between themselves
In what format is it delivered and when?
- The XLoD Leaders’ Network is held in-person, regularly, in London and New York
- One of the regular meetings in each region will be part of XLoD Global in-person conference
- Chatham House Rule applies, creating a safe environment for a free discussion
- No press are in attendance