The surveillance of trading in energy markets is a key focus for compliance functions that are building out trading and communication surveillance capabilities to prevent market abuse and be compliant with global regulatory expectations.
Our Energy Trading Surveillance Deep Dive covers in depth the regulatory expectations for trading and communications surveillance in the energy markets and commodity trading businesses. Senior surveillance and compliance leaders along with regulators will debate best practices in trading and communications surveillance and how to overcome the challenges of selecting and implementing appropriate surveillance technology.
The in-depth analysis of specific topics ensures high-quality interaction between delegates through content-rich panel discussions, keynote addresses, and a series of carefully managed private interactive discussions.
In addition, delegates will be able to view the profiles of other attendees ahead of the event and network both pre- and post-event. Delegates will also be able to access content from leading technology vendors and consultants. Any panel discussion missed on the days of the event will be available on-demand for seven days afterward. All our Deep Dives are CPD certified, so attendees can demonstrate professional development.
How will this benefit me and my organisation?
- Understand the drivers behind increasing surveillance requirements for energy trading
- Recognise the expectations of regulators for surveillance of energy and commodity trading
- Examine the merits of ‘Buy vs. Build Vs Hybrid’ solutions when considering an investment in surveillance technology
- Reduce false positives by setting effective surveillance parameters
- Hear how to effectively monitor e-communications
- Discover how new technologies such as AI and machine learning will penetrate trade surveillance capabilities
- Stay ahead of volatile market conditions and learn how to calibrate models to new market conditions
Who is this Energy Trading Surveillance Deep Dive for?
Practitioners from Energy Companies working within the below functions in addition to practitioners from financial institutions responsible for the oversight of commodity trading businesses:
- Operational Risk
- Governance & Ethics
- Regulatory Affairs
What can I expect at the Energy Trading Surveillance Deep Dive?
- A series of carefully managed interactive pre-booked discussions between financial institutions and energy companies, moderated by 1LoD
- Live keynote presentations and panel discussions incorporating delegate Q&A sessions
- An inter-delegate messaging system available before, during and after the event
- The facility to catch up on missed content, on-demand, for seven days after the event is finished
- Access to content and presentations from leading technology vendors and consultants
How do roundtables work?
These private, off the record roundtables will be moderated by 1LoD, and will be attended by delegates who have booked their place in advance.
They will take place on Zoom. Delegates will be sent discussion topics, and an overall structure of the debate in advance to aid the flow of the discussion.
How can I interact with other delegates and speakers?