The Surveillance of Trading in Energy markets is a key focus for Compliance functions who are building out trading and communication surveillance capabilities to prevent market abuse and be compliant with global regulatory expectations.
Our Energy Trading Surveillance Deep Dive covers in great detail the regulatory expectations for both trading and communications surveillance in the energy markets and commodity trading businesses. Senior surveillance and compliance leaders along with regulators will debate best practice in trading and communications surveillance and how to overcome the challenge of selecting and implementing appropriate surveillance technology.
The in-depth analysis into specific topics ensured high quality interaction between delegates through content rich panel discussions, keynote addresses, and a series of carefully managed private interactive discussions.
In addition, delegates will be able to view the profiles of other attendees ahead the event, and network both pre- and post-event. Delegates will also be able to access content from leading technology vendors and consultants. Any panel discussion content missed on the days of the event are available on-demand for seven days afterwards. The entire series of Deep Dives are CPD certified, so attendees can demonstrate professional development.
How will this benefit me and my organisation?
- Understand the drivers behind increasing surveillance requirements for energy trading
- Recognise the expectations of regulators for surveillance of energy and commodity trading
- Examine the merits of ‘Buy vs. Build’ when considering investment in surveillance technology
- Reduce false positives by setting effective surveillance parameters
- Respond to the new challenges created by a virtual trading environment
- Get the right balance between privacy and control
- Use behavioural analytics to improve risk management
- Learn how energy trading exchanges view the future of trading surveillance
Who is this Energy Trading Surveillance Deep Dive for?
Practitioners from Energy Companies working within the below functions in addition to practitioners from financial institutions responsible for the oversight of commodity trading businesses:
- Operational Risk
- Governance & Ethics
- Regulatory Affairs
What can I expect at the Energy Trading Surveillance Deep Dive?
- A series of carefully managed interactive pre-booked discussions between financial institutions and energy companies, moderated by 1LoD
- Live keynote presentations and panel discussions incorporating delegate Q&A sessions
- An intra-delegate messaging system available before, during and after the event
- The facility to catch up on missed content, on-demand, for seven days after the event is finished
- An opportunity for short 1:1 video meetings with leading technology vendors and consultants
- Access to content and presentations from leading technology vendors and consultants
How do roundtables work?
These private, off the record roundtables will be moderated by 1LoD, and will be attended by delegates who have booked their place in advance.
They will take place on Zoom. Delegates will be sent discussion topics, and an overall structure of the debate in advance to aid the flow of the discussion.
How can I interact with other delegates and speakers?