Registration for the event is now closed
At XLoD Global in November 2022
Bill Winters, Chief Executive Officer, Standard Chartered Bank, said:
“We know that managing these non financial risks requires a very distinct, special set of skill sets and practices. And we tried very hard to hardwire these into our operations.”
Do you need to find out how senior non financial risk practitioners think about ESG risks, the maturity of their related risk management processes, and how to make the data challenge more manageable?
1LoD’s ESG Risk Deep Dive brings together leading non-financial risk professionals with regulators to discuss the impact of environmental, social and governance risks on financial institutions, and how those risks can be mitigated.
Financial institutions must focus on conduct, appropriateness, disclosure and taxonomies. In order to do so, they need better data, new standards and improved regulatory coordination.
During four in-depth panel sessions, hosted over two days, senior speakers will examine ways of measuring exposure to ESG risk, and the challenges that entails. Speakers will discuss how culture frameworks can be combined to incorporate ESG values and how the challenges created by a lack of historical data can be overcome. And there will be a session dedicated to how regulatory expectations are aligning with client demand for ESG products.
Hear Citigroup's Natalie McManus-Barnett on mitigating ESG Risks.
More than half (57%) of ESG leaders at the 2022 deep dive said that data is the most significant challenge facing the management of ESG risks in their own organisations. Firms need data for performance measurement, risk management and regulatory reporting. But most of this data comes from clients and other third parties, so it is inconsistent and difficult to obtain and verify. Even ESG indices and ratings use different methodologies, raising concerns of misselling and other forms of misconduct.
Who is the ESG Risk Deep Dive for?
Practitioners from Banks and Asset Managers working within:
What will you hear at the ESG Risk Deep Dive?
- How to measure key ESG criteria to create a resilient risk and control framework
- Aligning corporate culture embrace and enhance ESG strategy and aims
- Incorporating ESG factors into risk and control metrics
- Overcoming a lack of standardisation for ESG data points
- Sourcing robust data to overcome the lack of historical data
- Upgrading legacy systems and processes to effectively incorporate ESG
- Improving ESG disclosures to align with global best practice and reporting requirements
Hear what Sacha Sadan, Director of Environment Social and Governance, FCA said during XLoD Global - London in 2022
How will this ESG Risk Deep Dive benefit you?
- A series of interactive pre-booked roundtable discussions between financial institutions, moderated by 1LoD
- An inter-delegate messaging system