In the wake of Market Watch 68, the proliferation of trading venues has challenged the ability for surveillance systems to monitor for potential market abuse. With a growing range of financial products and trading venues becoming available, trading is becoming more intricate, increasing the volume of transactions that need to be surveilled by financial institutions under regulations. This combined with global institutions’ need to remain compliant with regional regulatory expectations ensures now more than ever, trade surveillance teams need to understand what best practice looks like.
Furthermore, there now arises questions as to whether legacy systems are up to the challenge of surveilling Fixed Income products. The challenge arises owing to the difficulty in price discovery in the asset class, questioning whether the susceptibility of cross market manipulation in Fixed Income markets is the biggest risk of market abuse facing surveillance programmes?
The new hybrid model of working, multiple communication channels and the growing use of trading technologies, requires a far more sophisticated level of real time, or appropriate timed, investigations of suspicious trading activity. The growing need to integrate surveillance systems and understand how financial institutions should best leverage innovation is now of fundamental importance for surveillance programmes.
What can you expect?
This Deep Dive will examine the evolving regulatory risk landscape for trade surveillance, the solutions on offer to deliver optimal surveillance functions, best practices to mitigate reputational risk and market abuse and the challenges trade surveillance teams are currently facing.
Taking place over two days each with three hours of debates, interactive roundtable discussions for financial institution delegates and 1:1 meetings, you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a series of carefully managed interactive pre-booked discussions between financial institutions, moderated by 1LoD
- Hear live keynote addresses and debates incorporating delegate Q&A sessions
- Use an intra-delegate messaging system available before, during and after the event
- Catch up on missed content, on-demand, for seven days after the event is finished
- Join short 1:1 video meetings with leading technology vendors and consultants
- Access to content and presentations from leading technology vendors and consultants
How will this benefit me and my organisation?
- Hear and interact with your peers globally
- Discover ways your institution can improve its approach to trade surveillance
- Benchmark your trade surveillance capabilities against your peers
- Hear from senior practitioners who are buying and building trade surveillance platforms
- Identify ways to increase efficiency within your institution
- Document your continued professional development by gaining CPD credits
- Expand your professional network
Booking for the event is now closed.
Interactive roundtable discussions
Open to financial institutions. Topics covered include:
- Transitioning from Rules to Risk Based Surveillance
- Leveraging Data in Trade Surveillance Programmes
- Global v. Regional Surveillance Regulation
- Integrated Surveillance
- Workflow & Case Management
- Cross Product v. Single product Surveillance
- Reducing False Positives without Impacting Alert Quality
- Surveillance Parameters
How the Deep Dives work
- A series of interactive pre-booked roundtable discussions between financial institutions, moderated by 1LoD
- An intra delegate messaging system
- 1:1 video meetings on Zoom
Private, off the record roundtables are moderated by 1LoD, and attended by delegates from financial institutions who have booked their place in advance. They take place on Zoom. Delegates are sent discussion topics, and an overall structure of the debate in advance to assist the flow of the discussion.